Ham Ticket and Soldering Iron - Let's Go-ooooooo!

tep182

I made my own spark gap transmitter as a kid.....it knocked out television and radio and this made my father hunt me down and paddle my backside. There were sparks flying from my metal "gap" pieces all the way to the ceiling, scorching that ceiling a bit. From then on, I was restricted from using ignition coils for "experiments"....but then ended up with a crystal AM radio receiver kit i was encouraged to solder together. 

Now, I have an amateur ticket, GMRS license (hence being here), commercial licenses, and a soldering iron. I spent some of this weekend repairing a 1944 R-100/URR receiver, that needed recapped. 

To totally confuse the Barney Fifes of the worlds and throw them off the trail completely, in addition to a very wide-spectrum transmitter one would need a robust encryption. I recommend ROT13. It is super strong if applied multiple times. There is a reason it's banned by government, just like spark gaps are!

31 minutes ago, axorlov said:

To totally confuse the Barney Fifes of the worlds and throw them off the trail completely, in addition to a very wide-spectrum transmitter one would need a robust encryption. I recommend ROT13. It is super strong if applied multiple times. There is a reason it's banned by government, just like spark gaps are!

For sure.   No one should ever need to get their hands dirty.   That is why we have iPhone factories.   

I woke up hungry one day.    The available food exceeded the Recommended Daily Allowances so I threw it in the trash, drove 5 mph below the speed limit to the local eatery for cartel-sponsored avocado toast.

The deep pockets behind "breakthough energy" probably aren't going to deliver up wireless transmission of electricity... but nuking the spectrum to reduce carbon footprint would be worth it if the Television egregore declared it to be.