New repeater in So. Cal - Pasadena/Glendora Area

shoreyb

I attempted to setup a home repeater for my family to use in our general area. Unfortunatly having HOA I am afraid of attempting a 15-20 ft. antenna ona part of my roof.

I may and want to use a Buddipole method instead as a test.

My repeater is a Motorola GR500 setup, and appears to be working absolutly fine except I have to get the antenna up. Right now it has to go through several townhomes and then a slight hill in one direction.

I have two antennas bought specifically for GMRS frequencies - 1) n9tax slim jim and 2) SVU4500SP1 UHF Base Antenna, 450-470 MHz W/Cable

* I've noticed a couple GMRS repeaters in and around my location, Arcadia, Azusa, Covina, Glendora, Mt Wilson. I had a momentary thought, people willing,  that we might network these if possible. What a sporead that would give us.

* Second - I'd donate this equipment (Motorola GR500 of mine for GMRS use if I could locate someone that had a facility/location that had a high enough spot to make the antenna work.

Now this writing is a little vague I know but I wanted to just toss out an idea and see what kind of response or help I might get.

Thatks folks - 73's.

Shorey

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to add today that I got my Buddipole tripod {18' enabled). Also just purchased a new base mount vertical antenna tuned to 462-467 with some 40' cable.Will be working on positioning it on the roof extended about 10-15' tandd see if this clears my immediate issue.

Pacement and hight being the main issue right now.

Will wite later and let you kow how it is worrking.