Newbie !

Rammanriley

Greetings from Metro Detroit!

I wanted to stop in and say hello. I've had a fascination With radios of all kinds since I was a little kid. It started with Cb's in every vehicle ive ever owned. I love Listening to scanners and getting the news before it hits the air. I'm hoping to work my way into becoming a ham operator as well to help with the local skywarn group I am a part of. Unlike a lot of people my GMRS life started with my buying a set of uniden radios and reading the instructions seeing that i needed a licence to use the good channels. Now im fully licensed and got the itch to not only get some decent GMRS equipment but also look into setting up a local repeater due to the lack of GMRS in my area. I look forward to learning from you guys!

Riley

WQWD609

Hello, my name is Jerry. I am an extra class ham and a GMRS license holder. I have a repeater up on 462.600. I should have it back on the air tomorrow. There is another repeater on 462.575 in my area. Oh yeah, I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area.  PM me and ill get you the PL codes for the two and you can use them when you are south of Detroit. Welcome and have fun.

Jerry