Programing Cable for a Wouxun kg-905g

WRVF645

Question

Still learning.

My first HT was the Baofeng Gm15-Pro.  I download the GM-30 software from Bytwowayradios and picked upa Baofeng programing cable off of Amazon and I was able to prgram the radio.  I now have picked up a Wouxun kg-905g and I am wondering if I can use the Baofeng programing cable to program the kg-905g.  I dowloaded the Wouxun software from bytwowayradios and connected my Boafeng cable but I can't seem to connect to the radio.  Do I simply need a different programing cable.  When I program the GM-15 I know the usb is using com port 3.  When I hook up the Wouxun com 3 isn't even highlighted as an option.  Does the software simply not recognize the cable or do I need to dig further into settings?

5 answers to this question

I do not have any experience with the kg-905g, but I do have the Pofung P15UV, which is a clone of the Radioddity GM-30 and the Baofeng GM15-Pro.

And previously I used my USB cable to program a Wouxun HT tribander, before I purchased the Baofeng UV5Rx3 tribander and sold off the Wouxun; so the cable works with both of my radios.

Have you tried rebooting your computer? Does a different COM port become active instead of COM 3?

Nice Christmas present to find under your tree! :)

1 hour ago, WRVF645 said:

I had to change a compatibility setting  to Windows 8, in the Wouxun software

Glad you got it figure out, but its weird that it runs fine on my Windows 10 machine AND on Windows 11-ARM running on my Mac in Parallels without having to futz with any of the compatibility settings.. I hate Windows...

I have the 935 -- and the programming software seems to locked to COM1 (maybe W8 mode corrects something in that pop-up).

I had to find the interface cable in the Windows Device Manager, and manually tell it to use COM1 for that device... Which can be problematic as I now have two separate cables which both are assigned to COM1 -- so only one cable can be used at a time.

Yeah, I don’t know why the compatibility was an issue but it gave me com 3 as an option and I was able to read and write to the HT.  One still weird thing was in the settings window where you select the com port, the confirm button just has three question marks.  Instead of “OK” or “Select” or whatever, it was “???”