MT2000 Program?

WRVG593

Hey there. I found some old MT2000 and HT1000 radios in a group I'm in. It's programmed to the repeaters in the area and that's it. There's roughly 16 channels unused (on the Mt2000, ht1000 is completely filled) That being said, I'm completely lost on how to program these things. I'm a CCR user, and this is the first Motorola I've ever had. I want to edit the names shown on the MT2000, as well as add/edit channels. (Same might go for channels with HT1000)

I don't know what programming cable is the right one, where the programming software is, how to do it, etc.

If anyone here can help, it would be awesome!

p.s I also posted this in technical. need any and all help!

So I'd probably find some to help if I was you.

both the HT1000 and MT2000 use a DOS based program that will not run on any newer PC. HT1000 basically needs true DOS. On top of the programming software and ancient laptop with a TRUE serial port (aka 9 pin) you will need a Motorola RIB and a cable for the HT1000. 

We still use the HT1000 for SAR work and have dedicated DOS only PC (Toshiba CF-25) for programming. 

I will put together some programming worksheets for you to complete and I will email them to you. I doubt that the Motorola or other shops are willing or have the ability to program the codeplugs for these radios for you. You may want to make some calls to see if anyone can and/or willing, I can email the codeplug file(s) to you for to take to the shop.

Is there any chance you can provide me with the model numbers of the radio(s) you want to program to see if I have the same model and feature set so I can build the codeplug file(s) without your radios at first?.

The MT2000 radio comes in two versions, 48 channels or 160 channels. The 48 channel radio has a top six digit display and is referred as the A4 version and the 160 channel radio has a front face display with a full keypad and has a twelve digit display and is referred to as the A7 version. The display can be configured with either or both the Zone and Channel names with adjustable number of digits not to exceed a total of twelve. I.E., if you elect to have the Zone name with four digits than you can only have the channel name with eight digits.

If you elect to have the top rotary knob as the channel selector than you will be limited to 16 channels per Zone. You can have as many zones as you want but, you can't exceed a total of 160 programmed radio positions. You will have the ability to select your zones through the keypad and/or the first three zones with the top A/B/C with if you elect to have that feature switch enabled.

Food for thought

I'll try to express your programming features options in the worksheets.

10 hours ago, nokones said:

I will put together some programming worksheets for you to complete and I will email them to you. I doubt that the Motorola or other shops are willing or have the ability to program the codeplugs for these radios for you. You may want to make some calls to see if anyone can and/or willing, I can email the codeplug file(s) to you for to take to the shop.

Is there any chance you can provide me with the model numbers of the radio(s) you want to program to see if I have the same model and feature set so I can build the codeplug file(s) without your radios at first?.

The MT2000 radio comes in two versions, 48 channels or 160 channels. The 48 channel radio has a top six digit display and is referred as the A4 version and the 160 channel radio has a front face display with a full keypad and has a twelve digit display and is referred to as the A7 version. The display can be configured with either or both the Zone and Channel names with adjustable number of digits not to exceed a total of twelve. I.E., if you elect to have the Zone name with four digits than you can only have the channel name with eight digits.

If you elect to have the top rotary knob as the channel selector than you will be limited to 16 channels per Zone. You can have as many zones as you want but, you can't exceed a total of 160 programmed radio positions. You will have the ability to select your zones through the keypad and/or the first three zones with the top A/B/C with if you elect to have that feature switch enabled.

Food for thought

I'll try to express your programming features options in the worksheets.

I appreciate jt. I have the 48 channel version of the MT2000, and the HT1000 is a 16 channel, 3 zone radio. The MT2000 is a 48 channel 3 zone radio

45 minutes ago, WRVG593 said:

I appreciate jt. I have the 48 channel version of the MT2000, and the HT1000 is a 16 channel, 3 zone radio. The MT2000 is a 48 channel 3 zone radio

Eventually, I will still need the model number of the radios. The model numbers are on the backside of the radio chassis and starts with a "H". The HT1000 only has one zone of 16 channels. The A/B/C switch on top of the radio is only for selecting radio features. I'll probably get the worksheets done tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan., 31.

1 hour ago, nokones said:

Eventually, I will still need the model number of the radios. The model numbers are on the backside of the radio chassis and starts with a "H". The HT1000 only has one zone of 16 channels. The A/B/C switch on top of the radio is only for selecting radio features. I'll probably get the worksheets done tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan., 31.

I'll try to get them tonight. Report later