New toy-new build

JohnE

Can't the MTR be upgraded to TRBO? (Side question, not that it relates to GMRS).

Anyway, that's always lovely...I've been working on a proposal for a school district that wants a (conventional) voting system for their PSO/admins because they can hear the now 18 year old repeater just fine but can't access it from a portable. Sad part is I also quoted them less than $3000 difference for a Simoco DMR Tier II system with enough new portables for the PSO/admins to get started with. 

Can't the MTR be upgraded to TRBO? (Side question, not that it relates to GMRS).

Anyway, that's always lovely...I've been working on a proposal for a school district that wants a (conventional) voting system for their PSO/admins because they can hear the now 18 year old repeater just fine but can't access it from a portable. Sad part is I also quoted them less than $3000 difference for a Simoco DMR Tier II system with enough new portables for the PSO/admins to get started with. 

Yes, there is a kit. 

I have one... with a Zetron so I can remotely make PL/DPL changes, etc, awesome repeater, set it and forget it. 

Awesome. I've been gathering some info about a feature I found hidden in the Simoco Xd series radios called simple repeater. Basically allows you to convert a mobile into a "simplex" repeater in DMR that uses one TS for RX and the other for TX (so it seeming works in full duplex without the need for duplexers or anything else) even though it receives and rebroadcasts.

Anyway...back to analog subjects of GMRS.  :D