OpenWebRx+ SDR

I have a temporary server setup to receive signals in the local area using a SDR and OpenWebRx+ 

Currently max clients is 3 because the raspberry pi running the server cannot handle anymore. I plan on upgrading the server to an older more powerful computer that I don't use anymore this weekend. 

There is also a 1 hour and 30 minute timeout to allow for SDR downtime and to allow others a chance to also use it.

http://sdr.wmgmrs.club/

3 hours ago, WSAH999 said:

Max clients now 10 while I live test a better system.

Nice system!  I don't know if I am hearing Wyoming or Michigan or both! 😀

It offers 2 meters but does not change from 462 MHz.

The only repeater that was active while I was there was 600 and the audio was staccato even if I adjusted the squelch .

4 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Haha yeah, I suppose I should just label it as Grand Rapids. 

It offers 2 meters but does not change from 462 MHz.

Yeah on the first server I had a bunch of bands programmed in. Currently the band change is on a key/password system due to the fact that if someone changes the band it will change for everyone connected. At the current time being we have more GMRS operators using it so by default I try to keep it on GMRS frequencies. Although I will be adding more, as well as unlocking more for people to mess with. I would love for this server to be used by people who are considering on purchasing an SDR and needed that little push. 

I was there was 600 and the audio was staccato even if I adjusted the squelch .

Yeah it runs off a simple telescopic dipole at the moment, so if the signal isn't great it's not going to pick it up as well. But I'm actually quite surprised at the sensitivity of the SDR compared to even a more expensive radio. As I continue the system tests hopefully the quality will get better :)

Also if you happen to be in an area with a repeater that is networked on the GMRSLive network, and is connected to the Roadkill Nationwide node, it connects into the GR550. 

FYI: WebSDR's have represented a revolution for Ham operators on HF that live within an area of high level static, noise and other electronic interference (such as in many urban areas).

So now they can listen to other hams on a WebSDR and transmit from their home rig for most communications that were just not possible before.

There is even software, CATSync, that will sync the radio with the WebSDR and allow simultaneous changes in frequencies and muting the SDR when transmitting to remove the possibility of echos/feedback.

SDR is down until further notice. (Essentially until I am able to configure a more permanent server and perhaps additional SDR devices which will allow for both more clients, and the allowance of free selection of the bands.)

Until the server is back up, I will be locking this thread.