Question about the two WQWV679 Charlottesville, VA Repearters

WQYC236

Does anybody know if this (WQWV679) or it's sister repeater (south of Charlottesville, VA) is still in operation? I can't seem to determine if I'm hitting them or not, and I've only heard one brief conversation in the last week or so of monitoring both repeater's frequiencies. I'm located 49 miles NE of the furthest repeater so I guess it's possible I'm out range,although the stated range is 71.1 miles. I would like to do a radio test with any locals who use this repeater just to see if I can hit it with my 50 watt mobile.

DH

To answer my own question since I've been experimenting, I've been able to talk loud and clear to mobiles in and around the Charlottesville, VA area from Warrenton, VA (61.5 miles) using my mobile transceiver with a mag mount. I can also talk from Culpeper (42 miles) but not as clear. I guess location is everything. 61.5 miles is a personal range record for me on GMRS. :)