462.675 MHz NJ

cash082

Hearing something on 462.6750 that appears to happen every morning..and sometimes at night.

It sounds like hispanics and a repeater owner bantering.

Comes in with a DPL.

Not sure who owns this repeater, or what it is. It certainly sounds like a repeater. Also, the repeater owner wanted to report these hispanics (this morning)..but yet the repeater owner didn't even ID. No ID was given. 

I've heard this active recently.

Anyone have any clues?

I'm in Manasquan, NJ. Getting it with about 2-4 bars consistently. It could be from the local area around me..and or it could be coming from the NY metro.

That's one that John may be able to help with. 

A quick check of the MyGMRS registry shows one system on 462.675 in Monroe Township N.J. as well as New York

systems in Hamburg, Lancaster, Northville and Springville, but there are many systems that are not registered (yet) at MyGMRS.

If it is an unlicensed system, the owner may not wish to report unlawful access to the Field Office because he, himself, may be in violation of section 47CFR95.3

???

It very well might be unlicensed or not listed. Infact, I could guarantee that almost.  I know about the Monroe...that has a PL..not a DPL.

If anyone is around the area try to take a listen. I can hear it for quite a distance too with no issues. Went from my house in Wall NJ down to Seaside Heights up to Eatontown..all perfect signal. Even gets inside of my house fine. 

Sounded very un professional. Hear it this morning too. Hispanics arguing with TV sounds and other assorted weird noises with a repeater owner that has a NY accent threatening to report the (insert cuss word here)..going on and on..and on..and on.

• 2 months later...

the owner had shut it down for a while about a yr ago, then set it to low power w.short hang. it was put back not too long ago. there has been a long standing feud thing going on for some time there.

it a shame its a good machine w/decent NYC coverage. I also have a good idea where it located, not an easy place to get into.

• 1 year later...

462.6750 seems to be sending out the DTMF "054" tone every 30 seconds all day long, spanning all accross north jersey.  it seems very strong as i go east towards newark.  anyone know whats going on with that frequency over here... not sure if its a repeater, but its very strong, covering a span of about 30 miles.