Looking for info on my icon handset from RK Leef

Dahwg

I bought a great handset a long time ago, an ICOM ICF4TR1 pre-programmed for GMRS use from a website called RK Leef. At the time, he included an instruction sheet on all the different functions, a majority of which I've figured out, but there are some that I don't remember. Did anyone here have that particular radio?

He was active on the gmrsweb.org forums. I don't have the ability to read the radio, so I was hoping someone else may have that set of instructions or maybe knows how to get a hold of RK Leef - their website is no longer there.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a great handset a long time ago, an ICOM ICF4TR1 pre-programmed for GMRS use from a website called RK Leef. At the time, he included an instruction sheet on all the different functions, a majority of which I've figured out, but there are some that I don't remember. Did anyone here have that particular radio?

He was active on the gmrsweb.org forums. I don't have the ability to read the radio, so I was hoping someone else may have that set of instructions or maybe knows how to get a hold of RK Leef - their website is no longer there.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I believe the gentleman passed away some time ago,his business has been closed for some time...William

The ICOM F4TR was a LTR trunking radio from ICOM. Ironically I sold all of mine programmed on GMRS also to people. The cable is like $10 and you should be able to locate the software pretty easy although it is in DOS and will not run on most new computers. I programmed the buttons pretty simple on the ones i sold (scan, talk around and power level)