NavyBOFH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:Ask Me
  • Ham Callsign:Ask Me

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

You have described why we are trying to get our GMRS repeaters onto some sort of access control system. We have 5-6 repeaters in Midlands SC area right now, and all of them end up being molested by unwanted people at some point or another. Almost everyone running on the repeaters has MDC1200 ability so we COULD set it up for a silenced MDC1200 Repeater Access Code but no way of making it happen. MSF5000s and Quantars had the ability through a VERY obscure module, but otherwise I am hoping that someone eventually will make a Raspberry Pi or Arduino based repeater controller with MDC1200 features.

• Logan5 likes this

#22 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationCastleton, Virginia
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYC236
  • Ham Callsign:KN4LIX

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

The FCC will accept any submissions made, but will almost certainly simply file it away. They have no resources left with which to take any real action.

We have had some folks working for a well-known major corporation using 146.505 simplex for well over two years here in NW Indiana and the FCC's reply to a thoroughly documented and recorded report was just this (paraphrased):

This despite the fact that the illegal usage occurs every day of the week for hours on end...

...and we even know precisely who they are!

I know this is an older post but I was just looking at the rabbit trail again and marveling at the unresponsiveness of the FCC to clear violations, with documentation. If manpower and resources are the issues, I really wonder how they prioritize what they can respond to?    

De Oppresso Liber

#23 JohnE

JohnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Locationthe Empire State

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

MSF5000s and Quantars had the ability through a VERY obscure module, but otherwise I am hoping that someone eventually will make a Raspberry Pi or Arduino based repeater controller with MDC1200 features.

LTR trunking controller. that will keep them busy for a while.

simple and cheap.