ERS NY 575

JohnE

• 1 month later...

screen shots of the "new" duplexer tune are in my gallery. these were taken off of the network analyzer it was tuned with, it shows insertion loss and swr.

I hope to put it into service soon and add the power amp I have standing by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pre-selector put back in line, still having desense issues will look into that when I have time to sit there for a few hrs. may have to get some pass/notch cans.

removed my homemade RICK cable in favor of a real RICK the machine now has 1.5s of hang time. if my users have not been sure if your going through it you will be now.

one small problem I noticed after I left the site is when the morse ID goes out you get cut off, so bear w/it for now till I find out why its doing that. goes out every 1/2 hr so listen for it.

• 1 month later...

575 is now at full power. if you haven't heard it before you should now. will be testing all week.

I have not addressed the morse problem yet. I took a couple of hrs to rearrange the rack it is in to accomadate the new supply and amp. I have decided to to put a backup on this as it will only cost me for the batteries and some time to do the work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

boss man wants to move things around at the current site and that has lead to my moving it a few blocks away from where it is now

"should" be a little better and new AVA4 1/2"hard line plus new antenna TBD. might use Laird or get a Comtelco not decided yet.

some more particulars

25M 1/2" hard line w/an 8dBd antenna. running just the exciter at 10W.

got my hands on another duplexer going to see if it has better insertion loss than the one I currently have. was never happy w/loses of it.