ERS NY 575

JohnE

• 2 weeks later...

looks like it will be a couple of more weeks before it gets back to full power.

w/changes to this site there is a new 7' rack coming and the old cabinets are going to be removed freeing up quite a bit of floor space. I have to wait until school is completely out before this can be done though. looking at a full day or so of work to get it done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

up date

didn't find the machine ,but its gone for now.

there has been interference coming from the adjacent 12K lower freq. at night . it sounds like a scanner going out over a 25k radio w/some power. I can hear it as well as a friend in LI

it is on the 467 side and wreaking havoc w/my input. I belove it is FRS ch8 will have to check later.

you know, i just looked at a chart of all the frs and gmrs frequencies, i never realized how close the gmrs input frequencies are to the frs radios. for example, FRS 467.5625 is 12.5k right in the middle of 467.5500 and 467.5750 for GMRS 1 and 2 repeater inputs.   how good of a notch filters would you need?  i've got the $100 black box duplexer, notch filter.    in your case, obviously its illegal power on FRS if you can get that kind of distance.   when you key up your repeater, do you get interference noise from the FRS frequency or is it more of a desense issue?

there is equipment out there for problems like this but they run in the 10's of thousands of $$$$

your typical notch filter is going to do nothing for adjacent channel interference, same goes for pass/notch.

also keep in mind that if it is running 25Kc's on a 12.5K freq there is no way to filter it out, 1/2 of the signal is on you freq.

the only solution is to hunt it down.

been there done that more times than I care to remember on a professional level.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there will be a pl change coming or an ltr controller.

someone has been screwing w/it the last 2 days.

I also am forgoing putting in the new machine at this time.

JE

***EDIT***

it has come to my attention that there is another 575 machine possibly w/same pl. will have to do further checking as it may just be atmospherics.