Echolink announement question

WQWI871

If a repeater announces a callsign with echolink, does that count as iding? I mean at least for the initial transmit, not the end of transmission and every ten minutes? Also, if I connect to a repeater with echolink during a net, and, echolink announces me during the checkin time, is that considered checking in? I'm just trying to gather the unnecessary stuff. Because I've been doing things like waiting for the tail to drop after the courtesy tone, and, iding callsign first and after net comments, when, I noticed I was the only one doing that. Net control said I didn't have to.                                   

Edit: By the way, when I key up on echolink and speak, is what I'm speaking transmitted while keying up like a radio, or, is it transmitted after I release the PTT as if it records what I speak and transmits after I finish?                     

Guest spd641

I will ID even if the echolink I am connected to announces I am there just in case I am booted off and some echolink systems do not announce when you connect.When you transmit on echolink there is a 1-2 second delay some are faster than that but you are live on the air unlike a simplex parrot repeater that just repeats everything you say...William

Okay. I always ID when I transmit using Echolink, but, not as often if I'm just standing by. The delay for me seems to be about six seconds, when I listen in on my radio at the same time. I was curious, because, when I check into a net (try to), the net control usually gives about a thirteen second wait time for Echolink checkins. The problem is, I key up within that time, but, once I release the PTT, net control starts speaking again and never hears me as if they doubled and cut me out. Echolink works if I were try after the net, but, it seems to be the wait time isn't enough. So, I thought that what I speak, isn't actually transmitted until I release PTT. Because even with the six second delay, net control should hear me if I key up before the wait time is over. Eh, I wish I could use my radio. I can hear fine on my radio, but, just can't reach it for transmits.

Guest spd641

On any net the proper thing would be to have a certain point of the net for echolink users only to check in and stand by for them.I always find that others DO NOT listen and continue to check in over the top even when the net control calls for echolink stations only.I wish more people would coordinate themselves and pay attention to what is going on around them...William

Sometimes I checkin during normal checkins instead of when asked for mobiles or portables (when I'm mobile or portable) but, the reason I do that is because I consider mobile or portable to be roaming and not stationary. If I am mobile or portable, but, stationary and can remain on net, I usually do a normal checkin. If I'm mobile or portable and roaming or may be short on time, I check in during the mobile or portable checkins. Some new checkins may not know, though, until they listen to the script once or twice. I didn't know initially, but, I know the procedure now as I've been a regular.