n4gix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQWU626
  • Ham Callsign:N4GIX

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:31 AM

Years ago I switched over to using nothing except Anderson Powerpoles on all my radio gear. This allows me complete flexibility and interchangeability. B)

#22 okinater

okinater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQUY532

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, I got a TK-880H(1). At first it seemed nice they didn't cut off the power connector. But it took awhile to find the right mate online. All the power adapters I was finding were of the T-type variety. I'll know in about 4 days, if the one I found is the right type. Else, I'm just going to cut ends off and apply new Anderson plugs and be done with it. Wish I could find the mate for the accessories plug.  But it seems like Molex Incorporated has ceased making it "76650-0070". Couldn't find if another company makes it.

molex incorporated 76650-0070

Look up molex connector 03-06-6155. Maybe that is what you need?

#23 okinater

okinater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQUY532

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Look up molex connector 03-06-6155. Maybe that is what you need?

I think that was wrong, I think you are looking for a Molex 03-06-2151.

#24 Radioguy7268

Radioguy7268

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:43 PM

Better yet, look up "Kenwood mobile power cord" on EBay. Plenty available, most around $10 with cord & fuse.

• berkinet likes this

#25 axorlov

axorlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA
  • GMRS Callsign:WQVX408
  • Ham Callsign:KM6JGU

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:32 PM

I'm quite sure that original plug is GM-type connector, available in Autozone or Kragen/O'Reilly. However, I soldered T-type to all my TK880s to easier plug different mobiles.

#26 BoxCar

BoxCar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArden, NC
  • GMRS Callsign:WRCM737

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

I'm quite sure that original plug is GM-type connector, available in Autozone or Kragen/O'Reilly. However, I soldered T-type to all my TK880s to easier plug different mobiles.

I use a "Deans" T-connector. They are available at any hobby store selling radio control cars, boats and planes. The connectors will handle a 30 amp load with no problems.

Old and wise infers you were once young and stupid

#27 kidphc

kidphc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPotomac, MD
  • GMRS Callsign:WRDD287
  • Ham Callsign:KC3NSR

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Flew RC Heli for many years, I found the dean connectors a pita to solder. Often depending on the angle and length of wire there was excessive strain on the solder joints for the deans. They were a real pain to disconnect if you were even a bit sweaty.

I switched to the Anderson Power poles when my setups for the helis started venturing into high voltage systems. I found that wicking the lead, then crimping then running a bit of solder worked the best. Plus you can slide them together to form a "T", use roll pins to lock them side by side or buy a plastic connector to lock the ends together. I've actually hot glued some to parts to secure them. 

The only real negative I found was the length of the connectors when connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users