Trying to connect with a mygrms repeater for monrovia CA.

PCKEUPER

Hello

I am new to the mygmrs network, and learning.

Thank you for putting this network together.

A Couple Questions:

- How are the repeaters linked to create a network across the nation.

- Does the Tucson Area  650 repeater link to the National net all the time, ie what you broadcast here in Tucson through the 650 repeater goes Nationally 24/7?

-   In viewing the repeater list, for the Las Angeles, area, I don't see one that  covers Monrovia CA.  Am I missing something in my search?

Thank you

wrjf355

The link network requires internet access and a node controller. This allows RoIP or Radio over Internet Protocol and allows one repeater to trigger a series of other repeaters across an area.

The national net meets Sunday evenings and requires all participating repeaters to link to a regional hub, which then links to the national hub. Most if not all repeaters are disconnected from the national hub to prevent confusion, or to prevent a conversation in NJ from blocking use in CA. The system can at anytime be connected to one or more of the thousand or so repeaters across the country, it all depends on the owner and users.

As for your last question, I don't know as I do not live out that way, sorry :)