Help with how to use newworks

Am I not new to GMRS, but am new to these networks I see listed.   How do I connect to a network?  Do I just transmit on my local repeater (which a node) and I will connect will connect to the appropriate network?  Can I connect to the net through my computer or only on my radio?   Any help will be greatly appreciated!   Rich  WSBR611

7 hours ago, RBogan said:

Am I not new to GMRS, but am new to these networks I see listed.   How do I connect to a network?  Do I just transmit on my local repeater (which a node) and I will connect will connect to the appropriate network?  Can I connect to the net through my computer or only on my radio?   Any help will be greatly appreciated!   Rich  WSBR611

Technically you're not connecting to anything when you communicate through a repeater, linked or otherwise. It's more like you're accessing it, if you will. The repeaters are what are networked, so when you transmit into a networked repeater, your transmission is coming out of whatever repeaters or nodes are networked with it. And folks accessing those repeaters are doing the same thing, so you can hear them. No need for any extra work on your part.