UV-5G Plus repeater programming

WSCJ959

Question

I just got this radio, I'm newly licensed to GMRS and I found a repeater and was granted access to us it!

Being an ex-Mercedes-Benz Technician of 18 years I like to read and encourage people to read their Owner's Manuals and so I have mine in front of me!  

I am in VFO Mode, I press the MENU Key [3][1] to choose a channel to delete but then the next step is MENU [1][0] MENU EXIT and it doesn't work for me.

I tried CHIRP using the radio it told me to choose instead of UV-5G Plus but that didn't work and I also tried the software from Baofeng and that doesn't work either, I get some weird error message saying "Error reading data from radio: not the amount of data we want".

I tried to find a video on YouTube with someone specifically using my exact radio so I can follow along!

I'm trying not to be frustrated, but it would be neat if just following the manuals instructions could allow me to program this repeater!!

Please let me know your ideas!  Thank you!

3 answers to this question

The Amazon listing for this item states: "Supports CHIRP programming (select "UV-5G Plus" under Radioddity.)"

That aligns with how you would also select the UV-5G (not Plus); it is listed in CHIRP under Radioddity instead of Baofeng.

10 minutes ago, WRQW589 said:

The Amazon listing for this item states: "Supports CHIRP programming (select "UV-5G Plus" under Radioddity.)"

That aligns with how you would also select the UV-5G (not Plus); it is listed in CHIRP under Radioddity instead of Baofeng.

Okay I will give that a try, thank you!