The Mesa Crest Repeater Club Clarifying the MISS INFORMATION

The previously existing (OPEN) repeater ("Mt. Satisfaction") covers all of Lost Angeles well, and North Orange County (until recently it was marked as a 50 mile radius but now they upped it on myGMRS to show 100 miles). The newer Repeater ("Mesa West"), is located on Mt Santiago (paid Club membership) covers more of the Orange County and South Orange County as well ans Riverside areas and is listed as covering 100 mile radius).

They do overlap and I am located basically right  between them both (Slightly closer to Santiago) but I can hit both of them well and both are very strong coverage.

Ideally it would probably be best if they used different frequencies but I agree it seems totally workable that the users would just put their own TX/RX codes in and they could both use the same freq.

In general the "flavor" of these two repeaters and the people who are on them most are radically different. The first has a lot of guys who like to chat and walk the like (sometimes cross it) with their sarcasm and "social commentary" shall we call it. (It's an open repeater, what do you expect). The newer repeater is a paid club so their group is much more aligned to what some would term "behaved" I guess.

The thing is.. FCC plainly states that no one OWNS the frequency and users should share it as needed. Again that is what squelch and transmit codes are for.

From what I can see in the region there are still some open Repeater Frequencies that could be used.
seems like this should be something that could be solved if the parties could both discuss it...

But it can be interesting to listen to it in open channel if you want some "entertainment"

47 minutes ago, TrikeRadio said:

Ideally it would probably be best if they used different frequencies but I agree it seems totally workable that the users would just put their own TX/RX codes in and they could both use the same freq.

From what I can see in the region there are still some open Repeater Frequencies that could be used.
seems like this should be something that could be solved if the parties could both discuss it...

This frequency chosen was chosen for the new Mesa west because it had the least traffic in the area.  The area has many small local repeaters many are very active at times.  The choice to use the frequency was not taken lightly but was done after much consideration of existing repeaters covering the whole area in question and not just the overlapping area with the other repeater.   

16 hours ago, WRXP381 said:

This frequency chosen was chosen for the new Mesa west because it had the least traffic in the area.  The area has many small local repeaters many are very active at times.  The choice to use the frequency was not taken lightly but was done after much consideration of existing repeaters covering the whole area in question and not just the overlapping area with the other repeater.   

Understandable. Yeah I re-looked at all the repeater frequencies in the area and it is pretty crowded. I looked into your club but it looks like it is closed right now until you get all this sorted out? Please keep us appraised. I am in the area and will monitor things there on 700 to see how it is going. Best of luck.