WSDJ735

Guest Noel Villarreal

Guest Noel Villarreal

New to GMRS just got my license have a question can my family members talk to other GMRS operators besides myself ?

9 minutes ago, Guest Noel Villarreal said:

New to GMRS just got my license have a question can my family members talk to other GMRS operators besides myself ?

Definitely.   There are several informative videos out there explaining GMRS.  

From the Retevis website:

How to get Your GMRS License?

To use these powerful radios and be able to use any of the long-range repeaters across the US (with permission of the owners), you’ll need an FCC license. See our post about How to Get a GMRS License for full details. The FCC recently lowered the cost from $70 to $35 for a ten year license which covers the whole family. The primary license holder must be 18 years old and minors may operate under their authorization, with the adult license holder ultimately being responsible for compliance with the rules of operation. A GMRS license may be issued in as little as 24 hours or less.

1 hour ago, Guest Noel Villarreal said:

The license applies to you and your family. All of you can use it without any different restrictions than you, as the license owner, would have. They can talk to people on repeaters just like you can. When you and your family members are using the same, public repeater, it's often courteous to identify with some suffix to help make it clear who's talking: WSDG735 A, B, C, or WSDG735 Home, Mobile, Cabin, Boat, whatever. That's not required. It's just a courtesy. The minimum requirement is that each operator identify initially and every fifteen minutes thereafter, and you can all identify with the same license number.