CHRIP help with DPL tones

WRQJ309

Question

Hello, first time posting here!

I'm somewhat familiar with CHIRP and have programmed in both HAM and GMRS repeaters with success. But I've never done any with a DPL tone nor have I done one with different frequencies to transmit and receive. I attempted to do it but those rows in CHIRP were blank so I messed it up somehow.

Could someone take a screen shot of a line of their CHRIP so I can see what it looks like?

For example 462.600 MHz with an input and output tone of 464DPL

Also one like this. transmit into it on 467.650 while receiving it on 462.575. The DCS code is 464 for both transmit and receive

I appreciate any help on this. 

Thank you

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, WRQJ309 said:

Hello, first time posting here!

I'm somewhat familiar with CHIRP and have programmed in both HAM and GMRS repeaters with success. But I've never done any with a DPL tone nor have I done one with different frequencies to transmit and receive. I attempted to do it but those rows in CHIRP were blank so I messed it up somehow.

Could someone take a screen shot of a line of their CHRIP so I can see what it looks like?

For example 462.600 MHz with an input and output tone of 464DPL

Also one like this. transmit into it on 467.650 while receiving it on 462.575. The DCS code is 464 for both transmit and receive

I appreciate any help on this. 

Thank you

This isn't your first time posting, you posted the same question seven minutes prior.

Anyway, I can't take a screenshot of CHIRP right now, but you would set "Tone Mode" to DTCS, you would set the DTCS column to 464.

For a repeater you would set the "frequency" to 462.575 and set Duplex column to +, and offset to 5.000000. However, in your strange scenario, you want to set it to an offset of 5.075, which seems kooky to me, but whatever, it's the question you asked. And again, for the repeater you use DTCS mode, and typically polarity will be NN.

54 minutes ago, WRQW589 said:

This isn't your first time posting, you posted the same question seven minutes prior.

Anyway, I can't take a screenshot of CHIRP right now, but you would set "Tone Mode" to DTCS, you would set the DTCS column to 464.

For a repeater you would set the "frequency" to 462.575 and set Duplex column to +, and offset to 5.000000. However, in your strange scenario, you want to set it to an offset of 5.075, which seems kooky to me, but whatever, it's the question you asked. And again, for the repeater you use DTCS mode, and typically polarity will be NN.

Thank you so much! I had the concept right, just was doing it through a CSV file and importing it and some stuff is now different in CHRIP and didn't line up. I did it directly in CHIRP and got it working.

I definitely didn't know how to do the offset part so thank you for that. 

4 hours ago, WRQW589 said:

This is my second post sir, not my 4th.  I do not know WRQJ309, but you have certainly made me gun shy about ever asking another question here! Anyway, thanks for your response and I will try not to bother you again.

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

This is my second post sir, not my 4th.  I do not know WRQJ309, but you have certainly made me gun shy about ever asking another question here! Anyway, thanks for your response and I will try not to bother you again.

Well, my apologies. Feel free to stick around. Strange that three questions came in with nearly identical topics.