Retevis Ailunce HA1G

I am looking for a GMRS radio that is waterproof ! Amazon has them a set of two for just over $110.00 . I can anyone tell me if they have any information on how reliable the radios are. The cost is fantastic, that is if they are reliable and waterproof! Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_2780.png

3 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

For the price they are "reliable enough" for most people, but IIRC, the screen is not very great when in sunlight. Overall nothing "wrong" with them, and bang-for-buck they are fine.

Thank you very much!! The screen in sun light will not bother me I don’t think, I just wanted an opinion from others before I bought them . I love to go hiking and camping with my grandchildren. Sometimes it rains . Thank you again 🙏

I had the HD2 and returned it. The HA1G is based off the HD1.

I instead got the RA89. It's IP68 which is a higher IP rating than I've ever seen on a radio. I saw a review where a guy kicked it around a beach into the water, left it there and then drove over it with his bronco. the screen got messed up when he drove over it. everything else worked perfectly. I'm still trying to decide on a wouxun ht to try but the RA89 has been a great radio for me. Signal sticks and super sticks for antennas so far.

7 hours ago, peatious said:

I had the HD2 and returned it. The HA1G is based off the HD1.

I instead got the RA89. It's IP68 which is a higher IP rating than I've ever seen on a radio. I saw a review where a guy kicked it around a beach into the water, left it there and then drove over it with his bronco. the screen got messed up when he drove over it. everything else worked perfectly. I'm still trying to decide on a wouxun ht to try but the RA89 has been a great radio for me. Signal sticks and super sticks for antennas so far.

Thank you , I will check them out! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2024 at 1:55 AM, WSBS901 said:

They function well, but I have trouble seeing the black on blue display. If there is a way to change it, I haven’t found it.

There is a firmware upgrade that changes some of the colors and makes it much easier to read.