Radioddity DB20-G Issue

WSDT708

Question

I manually programmed the DB20-G with no issue. 

I read through old threads about issues with the programming cable, especially with windows 11. I spent hours going through drivers trying to find a solution. Radioddity told me to download prolific 2303 driver but that is not the chip in my cable. The only driver that is recognized is CH343.

When I connect it in the software the COM channel is correct. When I attempt to read/write the radio screen shows “clone” but the read/write never initiates and then gives me a “read/write data failed” window.

I’ve done everything possible. I run the programming software as admin. I tried windows 8 compatibility mode. I even tried all of these steps on an old laptop running Windows 7 as well. Nothing seems to work.

I’m just wondering if there’s anything else people have figured out to correct this or if this is just a faulty cable that Radioddity needs to replace?

16 hours ago, WSDT708 said:

Was refunded for the DB20-G on Friday. I bought the DB25-G and the BTech PC04 cable. I received both today. I installed the BTech cable driver with no issue. I connected it to the radio first then ran the Radioddity programming software.

Yes, I also have the cable that uses the stable FTDI chip.

I also have a USB to K-1 FTDI chip cable and I made the Miklor K-1 to RJ-45 adapter, so that both cables, the FTDI with adapter and the Radioddity USB CH340 cables work for me in Windows 11.

Any working USB cable/radio in a Windows 11 storm!