Equipment Purchase off Ebay

ASRM

Question

Hello everyone, I am new here, but not too gmrs, back in 1984 I had a system up and running in the Peoria area, nice Uniden 25 watt, one of the first repeaters they offered, old crystal unit, 60 foot tower with a 10db Sinclair antenna. It was a nice system.

I am getting back in and have been looking on eBay at used gear. Mainly Motorola. There is one person, Used-Radios.Com

They seem to have decent equipment at a nice price. Has anyone delt with them?

I have a budget of $2k to get started. Locating the repeater at my home, I am one of the higher spots in the county and honestly we are looking at 5 miles mainly with 10 miles as the outer reach.

Any input is welcome.

Dave

6 answers to this question

I have had no dealings with them in particular.  There are quite a few of the older Motorola repeaters that show up on Ebay daily.   Also a bunch of individuals that sell Maxtracs and such programmed and ready to go.  Don't rule out the Ritron stuff, a good company and all of their gear is FCC Part 95a type accepted.  Bill

Hi Dave.  I'm your neighbor to the south with the 550 repeater in Morton.  I work for the Morton School District and I know that the district will be listing some Motorola mobile radios on Ebay in the coming weeks if you need any mobiles.  Some Radius 2 channel units and some CM200 4 channel units.  These radios were removed from the school busses when they switched to digital.  You can find them under the Ebay seller ID "prairiecomm"  if you are interested.  Good luck with getting the repeater on the air. 

Hi Dave.  I'm your neighbor to the south with the 550 repeater in Morton.  I work for the Morton School District and I know that the district will be listing some Motorola mobile radios on Ebay in the coming weeks if you need any mobiles.  Some Radius 2 channel units and some CM200 4 channel units.  These radios were removed from the school busses when they switched to digital.  You can find them under the Ebay seller ID "prairiecomm"  if you are interested.  Good luck with getting the repeater on the air. 

Hi Bill

I was actually going to try and reach you, I will be on the lookout for them as I would be interested.

Soon as the weather allows me to do some outdoor work I plan to get something up, or I am also looking at a location out N. Main in Morton on some pretty high land at my brothers, a difference of about 40' from what I can tell.

Thanks for the heads up.