android smart phone gps topo mapping

blastco2

If you have an android and a use for topo mapping GPS, "Backcountry navigator" in the app store, $10, maps are free for the dl'ing. Works WITHOUT cell service. That means several things, works on android tablets, gives you topo mapping on a 7-10" screen. You can gather up an android phone that is cellular disabled, open a Google account, install, WiFi DL the maps and away you go. Install on your phone and tablet for one purchase. I've been using this for snowmobiling and atving for at least 3 years.... Garmin really does not want you to know about this! App is very capable/functional, does everything a garmin will do. The selection of maps that you can DL is amazing. There are also some extra cost addons that can be purchased.. ATV trails for the u.s., snowmobile trails for u.s. and Canada. Govt property lines for 12 western states. Game management unit boundaries. Hiking and equestrian trails. The app will record tracks, store waypoints, export/import data, associate pictures with waypoints, shows and saves more trip data than you'd believe.

No, I don't work for them but, I should be getting a commission from "critter map software" because of all the purchases that I've caused....