Information

WRFU

Question

Configuring your Router

In order for your node to accept incoming link connections, You will need to forward a port in your router so that incoming connections can 

be passed to your node on your network. If you connect to your router's administration page you will find a section called port forwarding

or virtual servers. Here, you can forward UDP connection on port 4569 to the same port 4569 on the Pi's IP address Consult your router's

manual for how to set this up. Failure to configure this properly will cause only outgoing connections to work and potentially other issues.

TYPE: UDP

I check it out in my setting list was NO UDP..................

FTP

HTTP

ICUII

IP PHONE

NETMEETING/H.323

NEWS

QUAKE II & III

REAL AUDIO

TELNET

VPN_PPTP

2 answers to this question

... check it out in my setting list was NO UDP..................

FTP

HTTP

ICUII

IP PHONE

NETMEETING/H.323

NEWS

QUAKE II & III

REAL AUDIO

TELNET

VPN_PPTP

The protocol list you are looking at is for higher level, application, protocols. You want to look below that, at the transport protocol. That will either be TCP, UDP, or both. You will not see that choice until you select the higher level protocol. If you do not see a higher level protocol for your particular application, you can usually just enter the IP port number .

Configuring your Router

In order for your node to accept incoming link connections, You will need to forward a port in your router so that incoming connections can 

be passed to your node on your network. If you connect to your router's administration page you will find a section called port forwarding

or virtual servers. Here, you can forward UDP connection on port 4569 to the same port 4569 on the Pi's IP address Consult your router's

manual for how to set this up. Failure to configure this properly will cause only outgoing connections to work and potentially other issues.

TYPE: UDP

I check it out in my setting list was NO UDP..................

FTP

HTTP

ICUII

IP PHONE

NETMEETING/H.323

NEWS

QUAKE II & III

REAL AUDIO

TELNET

VPN_PPTP

You want to go to "Advanced>Port Forwarding" You will have to chose the IP address the Pi is using, then select port 1 as 4569 using UDP, then port 2 using TCP on port xxx (Custom port number you want to set for the pi, this allows you and you alone to remote log in and edit files on the pi)