My Custom Built Ham Radio Tip-Tower

DoctorZ

Guest spd641

Russell,

Welcome to the forum also.I would love to have a tower like that and I have a friend who fabricates and loves radio,if you would please send me a message with the info you have on this...Thanks William

• 7 months later...

Russell,

Welcome to the forum also.I would love to have a tower like that and I have a friend who fabricates and loves radio,if you would please send me a message with the info you have on this...Thanks William

Well I guess better late than never to reply to a post. :)  What would you like to know?  What info can I give you on the tower?

Well I guess better late than never to reply to a post. :)  What would you like to know?  What info can I give you on the tower?

Hi Doc,

It has been some time since we heard from you.I was wondering the expense and materials plus amount of concrete you used in building that tower ...William

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a very long time since that tower was put up.  The base is composed of a welded steel cage with rebar reinforcements cemented into a 4' x 4' x8' deep hole.  The total cost of the tower was around $4,500 in 1992.  That's about $40,000 now days!

Doc,

I think I will stick with what I have already...Thanks William