New to this, want to join the midwest net tonight

Guest Will Ross

Guest Will Ross

I am completely new to this.  I've been watching youtube for a week straight and I did recieve my callsign today finally, but its not "active" and I'm not able to make an account.

I would like to listen to the chain o lakes repeater tonight, during the midwest net that begins at 7 I think.  From my understanding there should be a frequency somewhere for me to program into my radio, But I dont see this listed on the site anywhere?  Is that because I am not active with an account yet?

Mr Ross, if you give a callsign and an e-mail address I can e-mail the information you need to you. Unfortunately we cannot post frequency or code information in public area's of the forums. This rule is to prevent unlicensed operation on the repeater systems and network, and to reduce jamming on those systems. The callsign is needed to show you do have a current license.

After a couple days, you should be able to create an account with MyGMRS. The servers take a little time to update the new callsign lists from the FCC ULS database.