4 replies to this topic

#1 PastorGary

PastorGary

Senior Tropical Weather Analyst, TSRC, Gulf Shores, Alabama

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

A husband and wife were having a meal at a restaurant and were also watching a horse race on the jumbo TV from Belmont Park.

The woman asked her husband what they did with horses that are too old to race any longer. He looked down at his plate and said, "I think I'm eating one - this steak is so tough, I can still see the jockey's whip marks on it."

:rolleyes:

#2 Rudy

Rudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQRW401

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

I've eaten horse meat in France, where it's considered a delicacy.  It was quite good , with a slight sweet taste to it.

#3 PastorGary

PastorGary

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Thanks, Rudy - I guess that means that it doesn't taste like chicken...

I won't 'gallop' down to the market anytime soon to get horse burger.  I 'canter' believe it. 'Whinny' they going to withdraw the product? I 'bridle' at the very thought and do not want to eat it and then get the 'trots'... but it's been available there 'furlong' time... and those persons who did get sick from it are now in 'stable' condition. If you can't hear what the meat market manager is saying, it's just that he is a little 'horse' today.

#4 gdavis316

gdavis316

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQRL495
  • Ham Callsign:N3DNR

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

Wow, he stepped into that one.

#5 PastorGary

PastorGary

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

'Hay'... thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd stop back in the forum for a moment because it is starting to 'rein' outside and I didn't want to get my 'mane' set of clothes a little 'bit' wet, because that would be a night 'mare'.  Now, I'm hungry again... maybe I'll just order out for a 'filly' cheese steak sandwich... and 'pony' up about $6.00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users