Programming tk-370g with KPG-56D

ctrout

Question

I am trying to program several of these handhelds with the Kenwood software and I keep running into a problem.  I'm trying to set up 8 different channel groups and some of the channels will be the same between the groups.  I can set the groups up the way I want to but when I load the program to the radios, the program changes.  Channels start to repeat themselves within the first group and some channels disappear completely.  I have searched the internet for about 6 hours today, trying to find any information on how to use the KPG-56D software with no luck.  The only tutorials or videos that I have found just show basic channel entry and none of them show how to properly set up channel groups.

Can anyone point me to a user's manual for the software or a tutorial on how to use it?

1 answer to this question

I sent you a PM. I think I can help you with a sample code plug from one of mine. One thing I did learn, DON'T use Chirp with the 370G radio, it does exactly what you described. Also with the KPG-56D software make sure you use the latest version. I'm using V4.22 on Windows 10 with a cheap Baofeng $8 serial USB programming cable.