Baofeng BF-H7

Guest Stargater53@gmail.com

Guest Stargater53@gmail.com

I ordered a couple of Baofeng BF-H7s weeks ago (for $43) and they still aren't here. They look like great little radios, with outputs in 10-watt, 5-watt and 1-watt. But batteries just don't seem to be available for them. 

Do any of you have any experience with these H7s, and will they be introduced to the American market anytime soon? And foreign batteries are $35. Kind of high.

Do any of you know where I can get the batteries in the U.S.? 

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
Guest The Baofeng BF-H7 claims

The Baofeng BF-H7 claims to have UHF coverage between 400-520mhz. Has anyone found a way to transmit between 480-520mhz. My BF-H7 will not transmit above 479.9875mhz. This Baofeng model will not meet advertised specifications. Thanks in advance for replying to my inquiry.

16 hours ago, Guest The Baofeng BF-H7 claims said:

The Baofeng BF-H7 claims to have UHF coverage between 400-520mhz. Has anyone found a way to transmit between 480-520mhz. My BF-H7 will not transmit above 479.9875mhz. This Baofeng model will not meet advertised specifications. Thanks in advance for replying to my inquiry.

In the US, at least, 470MHz-520MHz is allocated to UHF TV channels 14-22. 470-482 covers channels 14&15. (With ATSC, the displayed channel number on a TV does not have to match the broadcast frequency channel number). Are you planning to potentially interfere with broadcast TV stations?