Photo

re:Sinclair VHF UHF Power divider Model PD6-5765?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Logan5

Logan5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida
  • GMRS Callsign:WQQT630
  • Ham Callsign:KK4PRC

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

for some time I have wanted to utilize the VHF portion of my GMRS repeater antenna. I know you need notches and filters to do this. Will this sinclair power divider help me accomplish this task? I understand I would have to tune it to my frequency's. If not what does this product do?  Thanks in advance  Jim...

#2 zap

zap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQRH471
  • Ham Callsign:W5PKY

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

A simple diplexer will do what you want.

http://www.theantenn...4160n-7620.html

I'd recommend the models with N connectors.

#3 Logan5

Logan5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Zap, yes I only use "N" connectors. I will check out the link.

#4 Logan5

Logan5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

ah, not sure this would work, but I could be incorrect. I have much money invested in my equipment and I can see a product like this damaging something very expensive. I was told before that I would need notch and filter cans, and it sounds like the ability to tune the cans would also be very helpful. The sinclar sounds like notch and filters combined in a nice rack mountable module.  I am e-mailing the seller now.

#5 zap

zap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQRH471
  • Ham Callsign:W5PKY

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

They are very common in the amateur world, just not as common in commercial.

Here's a little more reading on the subject. I probably should've lead with this but it didn't come to my mind until second post.

http://www.repeater-...-duplexers.html

#6 Guest_spd641_*

Guest_spd641_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

ah, not sure this would work, but I could be incorrect. I have much money invested in my equipment and I can see a product like this damaging something very expensive. I was told before that I would need notch and filter cans, and it sounds like the ability to tune the cans would also be very helpful. The sinclar sounds like notch and filters combined in a nice rack mountable module.  I am e-mailing the seller now.

Logan,

I am using a duplexer as zap described for several years on 2 different radios with no problems at all.I am thinking you are talking about the repeater on one side and a radio on the other.I would use a UHF single band on the repeater if that is what you are saying and use the dual band on 2 radios.You may find it better to use a dedicated UHF on the repeater for the frequency band and not a dual band amateur antenna...William

• Logan5 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users