Odd numbers displayed when RX'ing a transmission on my KG-935G.

bobthetj03

Your image isnt showing for me, so I can't see it, but the 935G is able to read DTMF tones and sometimes you'll see those if it incorrectly "hears" something it thinks  is a tone..  Mine does this from time to time.

Does it always do it with long transmissions, or only sometimes?

56 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Your image isnt showing for me, so I can't see it, but the 935G is able to read DTMF tones and sometimes you'll see those if it incorrectly "hears" something it thinks  is a tone..  Mine does this from time to time.

Does it always do it with long transmissions, or only sometimes?

I've only had the radio for a week or so, but I have a long winded operator that will talk until he TOT's out, then continue talking. That's usually when I notice a number sequence. It's happened 4 times, and the number sequence has been different each time. I haven't got into the menu to investigate. 

10 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Damn long-talkers...

I see the random numbers on mine from time to time.  Not sure if its supposed to happen, but it doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me either, but just wasn't sure what it meant, or if it's just a glitch. I really don't care about the whole PTT ID stuff, so if that is what it's about, I'll just ignore it. 

One more thing I'd like to add about the 935, the channel selection knob at the top needs to be harder to turn. In the field, I found it annoying that if it hit against something, my hand, belt clip, setting it down, whatever, my selected channel would change. Ok, two things, the PTT button is hard to keep pressed in. If you are TX'ing any longer than 15 seconds or so, your thumb gets tired quick. I'll solve that one with a hand mic accessory. Everything else with the radio has been stellar.