Anyone willing to perform (for a fee, not free) alignment in a couple of radios?

gman1971

5 hours ago, gman1971 said:

As tittle reads. I don't have a fancy AeroFlex to do some of the MotoTRBO alignment stuff, so was wondering if anyone here could.

Thanks in advance.

G.

Those radios need to "auto tune" feature of a Motorola test set? This is just for my info. The 6550's and 6580's I have need that so you can't manually set some of the RX parameters.

I could do that if you want to ship to the west coast. That is if they are equivalent to XPR-4xxx/5xxx/e mobiles. I have TDMA Trbo Autotune. Might be a bit pricey on shipping though right now. My newest Vertex are a handful of VX-3200's analog only, back when Motorola first bought the company. My 3920 does seem to clean up some of the Sunny Comm XPR4550's people buy in this area. (I like the XPR4550 over the XPR5550e as people get into the menu and mess things up on the XPR5550e. Great radio, but too easy for end users to change settings and then get lost in the menu tree.)

20 minutes ago, PACNWComms said:

I could do that if you want to ship to the west coast. That is if they are equivalent to XPR-4xxx/5xxx/e mobiles. I have TDMA Trbo Autotune. Might be a bit pricey on shipping though right now. My newest Vertex are a handful of VX-3200's analog only, back when Motorola first bought the company. My 3920 does seem to clean up some of the Sunny Comm XPR4550's people buy in this area. (I like the XPR4550 over the XPR5550e as people get into the menu and mess things up on the XPR5550e. Great radio, but too easy for end users to change settings and then get lost in the menu tree.)

Shipping shouldn't be too bad.

The EVX-5300/5400 are not the equivalent of the XPR radios, they are DMR digital, but their own line designed in Japan... The alignment doesn't have anything specifically for digital AFAIK, but they are tuned/aligned using CE142 and not a separate tuner program.

I think Vertex didn't have anything DMR when Moto purchased them, so Moto rebadged the 6550 as the VXD-720, the 4550 as the VXD-7200 and the XPR8400 as the EVX-R70.

G.

4 hours ago, PACNWComms said:

You do need the RF adapter assembly:

image.png.4429176fb30760f95e23384a679bc833.png

It does look like the rest of the alignment/testing can be done with the standard programming cable though.