GMRS operators in the upper Hudson Area?

Blaise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a ways south of you, kind of the same thing in the Mid Hudson Area.  I'm totally new to the GMRS radio thing, but I thought there would be a lot more people on the air.  Anyways beautiful part of the state up there, I grew up outside of Albany, but have been going to the Adirondacks since I was a little kid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, Blaise said:

What do you monitor?  Do you hit any of the local repeaters?

I hit a couple of the repeaters in my local area when I have my radio up, but mainly general monitoring of the channels in the capital district area, nothing serious around me maybe a radio check, when I do call out I never received a response. Only time I have was down south, and we communicated for roughly 30-40 minute time range. Was hoping to find someone to talk with like they do on ham until I get a ham license. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, jt.fred said:

I hit a couple of the repeaters in my local area when I have my radio up, but mainly general monitoring of the channels in the capital district area, nothing serious around me maybe a radio check, when I do call out I never received a response. Only time I have was down south, and we communicated for roughly 30-40 minute time range. Was hoping to find someone to talk with like they do on ham until I get a ham license. 

Well you're in about the same boat I am.  As I said above, I'm not too interested in general in ham-style rag-chewing, but I'm trying to start a local emergency-preparedness group, so I need more experience/familiarity with both simplex and repeater comms before I feel comfortable teaching/recruiting others.

I'd be happy to make your acquaintance in radio-space!

I keep an eye on a couple of the Seacom repeaters and scan simplex in general, so I'm out here.  Come find me!

6 minutes ago, Blaise said:

Well you're in about the same boat I am.  As I said above, I'm not too interested in general in ham-style rag-chewing, but I'm trying to start a local emergency-preparedness group, so I need more experience/familiarity with both simplex and repeater comms before I feel comfortable teaching/recruiting others.

I'd be happy to make your acquaintance in radio-space!

I keep an eye on a couple of the Seacom repeaters and scan simplex in general, so I'm out here.  Come find me!

I found your page on Facebook and found my self interested In joining.