NOOB Cheat sheet for NODE Programing?

alexd51

Question

I thought i had a OK knowledge with Linux but seems i was wrong. Is there any cheat sheets with specific commands for the mygmrs software? I know it's based on asterix but i don't know what commands are available in this modification of it . I don't want to do something and end up on the ham portion of asterix because i broke it with a command i wasn't supposed to send.
On a second note, i have the node online at least it shows on the map but when i try to make a connection or any other command to the node there's is no connection ?  Using the node connected to a Motorola CDM750 with a RIM maxtrak that used to work before with gmrslive. How do i enter the setup if there's one or any GUI? I'm sure my problems are telling my node what pins to use on the radio for what it needs ? only going by that because of what i did with gmrslive.

5 answers to this question

I have a few of the basic commands I saved I can send you when I get home. As far as not connecting when shown on the map give it 10 minutes or so after you have the node powered on and "connected".  The myGMRS Network takes some time to see your node and allow it to connect to with other nodes/hubs. It has something to do with a refresh rate or similar.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, FrostyFruits said:

Did you ever get it working? Do you still need help? 

Check out this wiki, it helps me a lot.    https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Main_Page      https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf

If you still need help I'll try to help the best I can. 

after a while i just gave up. Started trying again and of course all the files are write protected. Now i know home to set up the node one way but like i said all files are write protect so using WIN scp is completely useless.
I will have to use sudo commands now. so lets see how i can get it to work lol

On 4/8/2022 at 2:21 AM, WRFP399 said:

I have a few of the basic commands I saved I can send you when I get home. As far as not connecting when shown on the map give it 10 minutes or so after you have the node powered on and "connected".  The myGMRS Network takes some time to see your node and allow it to connect to with other nodes/hubs. It has something to do with a refresh rate or similar.

Now that explains a lot.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, WRFP399 said:

Here are a few common ones I use to get into some of the "menus"

sudo nano /etc/asterisk/simpleusb.conf

sudo simpleusb-tune-menu

sudo nano /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf

sudo shutdown -r now

These are a great help. Thank you.