Link Repeater to Regional and National Network Questions

Greetings,

I live here in Kansas and there are no listed GRMS repeaters close to where I live. I would like to eventually construct a repeater and get it up, open for all to use in my area. Basically, I want to get the most out of GMRS as I can. I would like information on how to link a repeater to the Regional Hub and National Network Hub. I am new to forums and I usually do not post things before doing research before hand. I found many things on how to construct repeaters, but there is not as much information on how to link them together. I know you can link them via the Zello app. but I would like to know what other hardware I need to get a repeater online and in compliance with the FCC. There is also something called an "ID-O-Matic" that I think I will need if my repeater is open to everyone. Thoughts, Ideas, Helpful Comments, Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

First you have to know what repeater your going to get and see if it has an 25 pin accessory port. Don't get an ID-O-Matic. You'll need a raspberry pi, SD card with mygmrs image, a URIx, and of course the 25 pin cable. Check out the mygmrs store, you can get everything except the raspberry pi, you have to get that on your own. Learn how to use linux, then hop over to the technical discussion section.