Scheduler rpt.conf / crontab

FrostyFruits

Question

I found out how to play a voice id for my repeater. Is there a way to have a sound file play at a certain time every day? I tried doing it a few different way in rpt.conf under Scheduler at the bottom but can't get it to work. I know my sound file works because it'll work when used as my voice id. 

Thanks for any help!

8 answers to this question

I found that if I type

sudo asterisk -rx "rpt playback 24219 /home/repeater/announcement"

I can get my announcement to play over my repeater. I went into my crontab -e using sudo to set it up to play at 5:00 everyday.

00 17 * * *  asterisk -rx "rpt playback 24219 /home/repeater/announcement"

Looking in my log file it shows it played but nothing over the repeater.

May 12 17:00:01 node-24219 CRON[20983]: (root) CMD (asterisk -rx "rpt playback 24219 /home/repeater/announcement")

What am I missing or am I not doing it right?

I have a new scheduling issue. With the new hamvoip image, it come with *81 to give time and weather. I'd like it to run at 15 past the hour every 2 hours. From what I see online I have it set correctly but it still runs every hour. Is there a different way to do it?

15 */2 * * *

I even tried

15 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 * * *

That didn't work at all.  I tried it under scheduler in rpt.conf and crontrab -e with the same issues.

Sorry for being annoying

Hmmm.  Either of those entries *should* work.  I'm not sure if I've ever used the / for hour, but I definitely have for minute, and I definitely have listed hour numbers like that.

If it were me, the first thing I would look for is another entry that is already doing the same thing every hour.

When you said that the second one didn't work, what do you mean?  Error saving the crontab file, or just no time/weather?

10 hours ago, wrci350 said:

Hmmm.  Either of those entries *should* work.  I'm not sure if I've ever used the / for hour, but I definitely have for minute, and I definitely have listed hour numbers like that.

If it were me, the first thing I would look for is another entry that is already doing the same thing every hour.

When you said that the second one didn't work, what do you mean?  Error saving the crontab file, or just no time/weather?

There was no time/weather. I have another set up to run rc.updatenodelist as */5 * * * * and that runs every 5 mins. I guess I could just add an entry for every time I want it to play.