Node Fails To Connect

WRFP399

Question

9 answers to this question

Now mind you I am ASKING because there were new 'rules' put into effect.  But was there any issues with interference or excessive key-ups with no one talking on your repeater?  I only ask because the MidWest group has stated that they will be banning nodes for 24 hours for infractions of the rules.  Not saying this is the case,,, only asking a question here.. So please don't think I am implying anything.

Try connecting to my node directly.... 23903 and see if it works.  I will try to monitor and attempt to see if the connection is coming through.

13 minutes ago, WRKC935 said:

Now mind you I am ASKING because there were new 'rules' put into effect.  But was there any issues with interference or excessive key-ups with no one talking on your repeater?  I only ask because the MidWest group has stated that they will be banning nodes for 24 hours for infractions of the rules.  Not saying this is the case,,, only asking a question here.. So please don't think I am implying anything.

Try connecting to my node directly.... 23903 and see if it works.  I will try to monitor and attempt to see if the connection is coming through.

No sir. In fact my Node sees very little action and I generally only connect it when there is a net going on. It is still failing to connect and telling me as such. 

Have you run any updates on your node lately?  I am thinking that there might be a version limitation on the software we can run and have it work with the rest of the system.

EDIT:

I just did a lookup on the IP I am seeing giving me the reject.  It seems to be in an AWS datacenter in Maryland or Virginia.  Thinking that's NOT you.

run the command sudo asterisk -r and wait a few minutes.  See what it shows in the logging output.

3 hours ago, WRKC935 said:

Have you run any updates on your node lately?  I am thinking that there might be a version limitation on the software we can run and have it work with the rest of the system.

EDIT:

I just did a lookup on the IP I am seeing giving me the reject.  It seems to be in an AWS datacenter in Maryland or Virginia.  Thinking that's NOT you.

run the command sudo asterisk -r and wait a few minutes.  See what it shows in the logging output.

Connected to Asterisk GIT Version adaec47 currently running on node-20201 (pid = 539)
[Jun 12 04:04:25] NOTICE[646]: chan_iax2.c:9712 socket_process: Registration of '20201' rejected: '<unknown>' from: '34.194.144.228'
node-20201*CLI>

This setup worked just fine for the past several weeks. Prior to that the interface board that plugged into the Motorola 16 pin had a failed solder joint. This interface replaced that one. The node connected in just fine this morning and I thought all was well. Now I can't even get it to try and connect to any hubs or node. It won't even give me the connection failed audio. Acts just like when you first boot it up and are waiting for the system to recognize the node.  I have once again tried to reboot everything with no change.

sudo asterisk -r gets me:

Connected to Asterisk GIT Version adaec47 currently running on node-20201 (pid = 16877)
node-20201*CLI>