VXR 7000 programming

WRND572

Question

Looking for some help. I’m located in Illinois.
Recently purchased a VXR 7000, with duplexer.  The programming cable was from bluemax49ers. Using ce27windows 

when I plug in the cable the repeater switched to display CL on briefly and then that disappears. When trying to read the repeater nothing happens.  
I have not been able to find anything related to this online and any help would be greatly appreciated

9 answers to this question

I am using a VRX700 and use windows CE27 with a cable.  I do remember that I had to have the correct com port selected for it to read the machine, and if memory serves me I think I had to down load a driver for the cable (Using windows 10).  I can verify when I get home and hook the laptop up to it.

I appreciate the response.  I have the correct usb driver installed for the cable and confirmed the correct com port. I have tried this on a windows 10 64bit, and windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.  I actually reloaded a laptop with a fresh windows 7 32 bit with no luck. 
I am at a total loss

Ok just pulled in the drive and headed out to the workshop, wife probably thinks I am crazy!  LOL, OK so in windows under device manager as soon as I plug in the USB to RJ45 cable the prolific driver loads and lists a COM port (Mine loads as COM3), I start CE27, and then plug into the VRX, which immediately flashes (Cycles) between CL and on back and forth, I can then download or upload programing as I need.  My cable came with a small disk for the driver but windows was able to auto download it one it saw the cable.  Hope that helps.

1.  Do the COM ports match what device manager says and what CE27 under config is set for?

2.  If they do then I would unplug the cable from windows.  Delete the driver reboot.

3  After reboot I would plug the USB cable in and wait for windows to load driver.  Once confirmed with COMPORT then plug into Vertex.

If that still doesn't work, It could still be a problem with the driver.  Some prolific cables have unique drivers.  Contact the person whop made your cable and see if he can get you a driver or software for the cable.