My KG-935G

jamieh1257

Question

Hi all. I'm new here and I purchased a couple KG-935G radios for personal use. I attempted to change some settings in the radio manually and I ended up having to reset the whole radio to get it back to factory settings and start over.

What appears odd to me is that I get no sound from any of the NOAA weather stations. Before I did the reset, I would hear static on channels I could not get and the information broadcasts on the channels I could receive.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks, Jamie

1 answer to this question

No immediate help, but... If you haven't already done it, I'd suggest obtaining the programming cable and downloading the programming software -- and checking all your settings that way.

It's too late, but a recommended practice for radios that have computer programming software is to: read the factory configuration into the software, save the file (say, as 935-Factory.xxx), THEN make changes and save under a different name, and finally write the settings to the radio.