Find company to purchase small radio parts for repairs

Fernleaf

Question

I’m looking for a company or companies that sell replacement or other required parts for new and used radios.

I’ve got a fuse casing and fuse plus wire and c connector to replace on a Wouxan mobile.

Other than trying to track down an auto radio parts store, I’d like to find an actual radio parts warehouse or two to purchase quality,affordable parts that I know are specifically designed for GMRS and Ham radios. 

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Fernleaf said:

I’ve got a fuse casing and fuse plus wire and c connector to replace on a Wouxan mobile

If the fuse and it's holder is on the wire, your best bet would be amazon, local car parts store and ebay, in that order. Nothing special about #12 stranded wire with a fuse, it does not have to be specially designed for GMRS. T-connector, also known as Kenwood/Yaesu/Icom power connector can be found on amazon or ebay.

15 hours ago, tweiss3 said:

I have no idea if you can repair or work on the chinese stuff. PacParts has Kenwood stuff and Motorola sells direct, if it is still available. 

PacParts is good. I've ordered stuff from them to fix a few minor problems with some of my radios and to get missing things like side cover plates. However if it's out of stock it can take weeks. I've wait over a month for an order because it wasn't in stock. In particular I needed the side cover plates for the universal multi pin connectors on the side used by some Kenwood models. One of the pads is a connection to the +5VDC internal supply on the radio. I don't need to accidentally short that out due to the exposed contact pads. All those radios have the side cover plates on unless I'm programming them or have the external microphone/headset installed.

Kenwood also has a warning about making sure the radio is off before making any connections to avoid shorts.

Universal Connector.jpg

On 8/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, axorlov said:

If the fuse and it's holder is on the wire, your best bet would be amazon, local car parts store and ebay, in that order. Nothing special about #12 stranded wire with a fuse, it does not have to be specially designed for GMRS. T-connector, also known as Kenwood/Yaesu/Icom power connector can be found on amazon or ebay.

Thank you. I’ll check out the auto parts store again.