Trouble Communicating Between Baofeng UV-5G and Rugged Radio GMR2 GMRS Radios Over Repeaters (SOLVED)

WRPB528

Hello, I am curious as to why my 2 gmrs radios are having trouble communicating even though their respective settings are the same.

The Rugged GMR2 can communicate with the Baofeng UV-5G but the Baofeng can't communicate with the Rugged GMR2 (The Baofeng receives the audio, but it can't transmit)

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Chris

1 hour ago, WRPB528 said:

Hello, I am curious as to why my 2 gmrs radios are having trouble communicating even though their respective settings are the same.

The Rugged GMR2 can communicate with the Baofeng UV-5G but the Baofeng can't communicate with the Rugged GMR2 (The Baofeng receives the audio, but it can't transmit)

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Chris

If the Baofeng truly can’t transmit it’s probably that you have transmit inhibited for that channel. That could be the default or you might have set it incorrectly. What channel (frequency) are you trying to transmit on?
On the other hand, maybe you are transmitting and due to mismatching tones the Rugged is ignoring the Baofeng‘a transmission. 
I would urge you to clear out all tones at first. 

• WRPB528 changed the title to Trouble Communicating Between Baofeng UV-5G and Rugged Radio GMR2 GMRS Radios Over Repeaters (SOLVED)