Node redeployment

rmarion

I have had my node offline for a little bit now, and was trying to get it back online. But it’s not connecting correctly and I can’t manage it from the network.mygmrs.com portal. Any thoughts or help. I have tried doing a fresh install of the node, but the image I have is over a year old. Yes I put in my node I’d and password. But no joy.

Is the node number show up as active anywhere else?

Nodes can take 10 or 15 minutes to reconnect and register before they will show up in the system.

If the public IP address has changed on the node, it may take longer, or may need flushed from the records first.  I would assume since it's been down for over 12 months that the public IP has changed.  Also, did you happen to change firewall's that you were using to connect the node to the internet and did you remember to open the port in the firewall for the node so the system could see it and connect to it.  The paperwork that came with your software will specify the port number that needs to be forwarded from outside the firewall to the node device. 

Take a look at those thing's.  Connect the node up and let it run for a half a day and see if it connects and shows up in the map.

Also please post the NODE number here so someone can look at the node list and see if it's in there.

Firewall has not changed. But I did assign it a new public ip as I have a /27 cidr block. It is showing as green and up on the map, but not manageable at all I have tried sever things including a fresh reinstall, and have had 0 luck. It has been up and running for a week now and still no luck. as far as ports I have opened it up on any any for all ports in and out and still no luck.

OK, I tried connecting to it from my node tonight.  I got a connection failed message when I did that.

This leads me to believe that the port may not be forwarded correctly or there is some configuration that is incorrect with the node.

I do start to connect to it, and it's on the system so obviously it's close to working.  I would go back and verify the port forwarding is correct and you didn't fat finger the port number.

Port should be 4569 for reference.  Remember that it's a PAT  with a NAT.  You want the forwarding to be 4569 to 4569 and just translate the IP address from the public to the private IP. 

Something else that can catch you.  And it's easy to troubleshoot.  If you are running DHCP on your network and the IP for the RPi is in the scope for the DHCP, there is the possibility that the address is being assigned to a second device.  Easiest way to figure that out is ping the R-Pi and then power it down.  Then ping it again.  If you get a reply, there are two devices with that address.  You will need to move the Pi out of the DHCP scope or put in an address reserve for the MAC address of the Pi so that address is not assigned to another device. 

My network at home is a bit more complicated than most home networks since I have multiple internal vLAN's and subnets that are stretched out across two sites and have redundant paths to the Internet.  But I did that level of work for 15 years before changing career paths.  But my point is that I have a segregated network specifically for the radio equipment that goes out across the Internet for my repeaters and remote radio stuff. 

AAC5DC74-6D6D-44F0-996D-FED7BB937E85.thumb.jpeg.83351817c5d33492e35a7f0c3b26af2a.jpeg

ya I know a little bit about networking. Edge firewall with internal router natting public ip to private internal ip address with all ports open and still not working. Got about two decades in data center infrastructure and networking. Home network above. With multiple public facing websites and VMware horizon environment running with zero issues.

5 hours ago, rmarion said:

hello anyone out there ?

We’re out here.  After your resume in your first post I was a little intimidated.  I didn’t realize you were having problems. ?
Unfortunately, I have no advice to offer. Obviously you already know how to troubleshoot network problems so it sounds like the problem might be on the other end. 

• 1 month later...