Cross Boarder, USA/Canada, GMRS Communications

Lscott

55 minutes ago, tweiss3 said:

47 CFR 95.1733(a)(9) Prohibited GMRS Uses: Messages (except emergency messages) to any station in the Amateur Radio Service, to any unauthorized station, or to any foreign station;

Nice catch. I guess it's another difference between Ham and GMRS. 

Section 97.111 of the Commission's Rules, 47 C.F.R. §97.111, authorizes an amateur station licensed by the FCC to exchange messages with amateur stations located in other countries, except with those in any country whose administration has given notice that it objects to such radio communications. Currently, there are no banned countries. 47 C.F.R. §97.111, authorizes an amateur station licensed by the FCC to exchange messages with amateur stations located in other countries, except with those in any country whose administration has given notice that it objects to such radio communications. Currently, there are no banned countries.

6 hours ago, tweiss3 said:

Re-reading the rules for something else, thought of this thread:

47 CFR 95.1733(a)(9) Prohibited GMRS Uses: Messages (except emergency messages) to any station in the Amateur Radio Service, to any unauthorized station, or to any foreign station;

I thought I had read something like that before but couldn’t remember where. I guess we’ll see how the works out in practice.