UV-82HP offset setting problem

JPebbs

Question

I can set the offset on my BaoFeng UV-82HP fine through frequency mode but when I go into memory mode, it doesn’t work. I have tried using CHIRP and it says the offset is set, yet when I use the radio it shows 000.000, and when I try to manually change it, the offset shows 005.000 until I go out of it and back into it. Any help?

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, JPebbs said:

I can set the offset on my BaoFeng UV-82HP fine through frequency mode but when I go into memory mode, it doesn’t work. I have tried using CHIRP and it says the offset is set, yet when I use the radio it shows 000.000, and when I try to manually change it, the offset shows 005.000 until I go out of it and back into it. Any help?

When using chirp, it may sometimes bug out channel mode. Wipe the radio, program it again. Set tones as cross tones and make both the same PL. Set the offset 005.000 and try again. This has happened to me once and this worked.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:13 PM, JPebbs said:

I can set the offset on my BaoFeng UV-82HP fine through frequency mode but when I go into memory mode, it doesn’t work. I have tried using CHIRP and it says the offset is set, yet when I use the radio it shows 000.000, and when I try to manually change it, the offset shows 005.000 until I go out of it and back into it. Any help

I don’t have this model but my Baofeng doesn’t show the offset that is programmed in the menu once it’s installed. Have you tried using what you programmed in Chirp already. You will likely find it is in there and works. 

On 3/17/2023 at 12:46 AM, JPebbs said:

What do you mean? I don’t see that as an option

Instead of setting just the TX tone, set the tone to cross. Then add both tones. I've also came to the conclusion that once you've programmed in a memory mode channel, most models of BF do not allow you to modify them. Check your code. See which one you got. For example, my UV5R has old code and can NOT at all be changed once it's in memory mode. No tone change, no offset change, anything. It all has to be in chirp. But on my UV5G, I can change whatever I want. Offset, tone, etc. (Don't know why I'd want to change the offset to anything other than +5mhz on the 5g but whatever). Stick to frequency mode for quick adjustments.