Scanning Ham Channels on Wouxan KG-XS20G Plus

WRQH837

I just received my new base station. I've set it up with a DWC30WIN and a Nagoya NL-770G. I've managed to get my FM stations added through the menu. I've figured out scanning on GMRS and FM. The manual says it can receive ~136-174 (2m?) and ~400-479 (70cm?). 

Question: Can this radio scan them now? I can't seem to find them. OR do I have to add specific channels to the radio in order to scan them? FYI, I know how to program since I have two 905G's where I've added some of the local repeaters.

5 minutes ago, WRQH837 said:

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression I could switch to a HAM band and scan it. I may have been mistaken. But, hey, I'm a newb! 

You can but that’s a lot of scanning and if no one is there you wouldn’t know if you passed over a frequency used in your area. Best to put in what you want to scan. 

17 minutes ago, WRQH837 said:

Hmmm, I can scan GMRS, has channels already added. I can scan all of FM, found my stations and added them. I haven't seen where HAM can be scanned. Not that I would want to scan it all, but I'd kinda like to know how to on this radio

If you are in frequency mode you can scan frequencies for days. Even the GMRS frequencies/channels had to be added by someone somewhere and they are a specific set of channels/frequencies so easy to preload that. Just as you would add repeater programming for your area you can add local Ham frequencies. Adding will be easier with the software.