Brooksville FL Club

Guest Phillip

Guest Phillip

Hi Folks,

So I moved ot Brooksville FL and getting into the hobby. Starting with GMRS until I get my Sad Ham ? license. Was wondering if there are nay clubs in Brooksville. I only found two repeaters that done cover brooks off of 75 :-(

Thanks all 73

It's a bit of a of a haul for you but Perry has a pretty active GMRS club and repeater with weekly nets on Thursday if I remember right. Don't know of any other clubs between Tampa and them. They do have a really strong repeater on 725 that I can tag every now and then from Brandon area 165 miles away when conditions are right. Bartow also has a pretty active informal GMRS group as well.

As far as repeaters (not clubs) I'd assume the Tampa 575, 700 and maybe the Clearwater 600 repeaters should be accessible from Brooksville as I hear people from that area on them quite often. Brooksville is 40 miles as the crow flies from me so there may be others closer to you that I haven't heard but doesn't mean they don't exist.