Sold My M1225s Today

zap

I said I wouldn't when I got them but today I decided to sell my two UHF M1225s today. I've always liked the 1225 series radios. Simple, compact, easy to program (in Windows) but was disappointed they lacked MDC out of the box. I did fall in love with the CM300/PM400 radios that were their successors due to user select-able PL in nearly the same form factor (with a better display, MDC, multiple scan lists, etc). 

Sold them to a friend for farm radios...

Did I mention these were 16 year old radios still in the box that I initially acquired for free?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/8C5AF22D-6F65-49B3-BE96-5F3A2D62E1E2_zpsxxvnuqqz.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/63453B72-D012-42A4-A694-769709BAA3B5_zps0jl0nl1d.jpg

Oh well, at least I had a good reason for selling them...I needed to buy a slightly pricey programming cable for a radio I recently bought.

If the option is enabled in the CPS, the user can go into a menu and edit the PL from the front panel.

If you look at the codeplug I sent you, you may notice I have that feature as well as the hang up function active. This was for two reasons. One was so I could mute out IDs when casually monitoring repeaters that feature ID without tone. Second was so when I changed the TX PL I could either take the mic out of the hanger or hit monitor to deactivate the RX PL.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

I still have one NIB too! I have the other on the work bench as a control station, used to have it in my pickup. Good little radios. 

Is the CPS for the CM/PM radios available or subscription only? I haven't needed any mobiles for long time, but updating a little would be good...assuming I can self program. 

Back when I radio-ed all the time and worked in the industry the old RSS was guarded like a gold bar...now no one cares. 

I still have one NIB too! I have the other on the work bench as a control station, used to have it in my pickup. Good little radios. 

Is the CPS for the CM/PM radios available or subscription only? I haven't needed any mobiles for long time, but updating a little would be good...assuming I can self program. 

Back when I radio-ed all the time and worked in the industry the old RSS was guarded like a gold bar...now no one cares. 

I think it's buy subscription...but MOL discontinued commercial series production last year so probably don't have too much longer before they go out of support. 

I actually sold them to a friend who runs a family farming operation. One of their work trucks (90's era T100) has a quick release mount for one already installed but it was like that when the farm bought the truck.