Broadcasting on FRS frequencies with GMRS DB-25-G...power level for transmission

WRWM519

I just received my 25 watt Radioddity DB-25-G, and am working with the software. I see that they do not fill the table with the FRS frequencies, and when I insert those, I can broadcast according to my reading of parameters, at either 5 or 25 watts, but when I look at https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FRS/GMRS_combined_channel_chart I see that GMRS broadcasting on FMRS frequencies or channels should be limited to 0.5 watts. My family has been using several FRS radios, and I would like to talk FRS with them, but I am questioning whether I am violating rules to be using 5 watt strength (no power setting lower than that is available with this radio). 

So far, I think I like the radio, but find the software a bit confusing compared to CHIRP.

Thanks for your thoughts.

WRWM519 - Will

18 minutes ago, WRWM519 said:

but I am questioning whether I am violating rules to be using 5 watt strength (no power setting lower than that is available with this radio). 

You are. 
But not all of the FRS frequencies are limited to 0.5 w ERP. Why not use the frequencies that allow 5 watts?

Here are the frequencies:

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-47/chapter-I/subchapter-D/part-95/subpart-E/section-95.1763

Here are the power limits:

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-47/section-95.1767

I just did some testing, and although the DB-25-G can hear a FRS transmission, it cannot initiate one.

I do notice that CHIRP does list the DB-25-G under the Radioddity list, and I have used so far the Baofeng programming cable with my Baofeng UV-5G radios, but the cable is different for the DB-25-G...only one male connector rather than the two connectors for the HT.

I will explore the issue of data cable interchangeability further on the internet, and also see if someone has a YouTube or such on the various software options.

I further note that in CHIRP, the FRS channels are listed as FM for the GMRS channels and NFM (narrow FM?) for the FRS channels. 

1 hour ago, WRWM519 said:

I see that GMRS broadcasting on FMRS frequencies or channels should be limited to 0.5 watts.

467 MHz interstitial channels. Only hand-held portable units may transmit on these 7 channels. The channel center frequencies are: 467.5625, 467.5875, 467.6125, 467.6375, 467.6625, 467.6875, and 467.7125 MHz.

These are the .5 watt FRS/GMRS channels (8-14).  Note that GMRS mobiles are not allowed to use them at any power level.  You can listen, of course, but not transmit.

But as @Sshannon said, you can use 5 watts on channels 1-7 (and FRS can use 2 watts).